I love serving these crock pot BBQ pulled pork sliders at just about any occasion, especially when I have company coming over for dinner. These are perfect for summer BBQs, birthday parties, potlucks, football Sundays, and dinner parties. Simply prep the meat earlier in the day and when the guests arrive, set out the rest of the components so everyone can make their own sliders. There is very minimal hands-on time required for these which makes them perfect for company– you can spend more time with your guests and less time in the kitchen. Cooking the meat slowly at a low temperature is what makes this pulled pork so delicious. The pork shoulder is an ideal cut of meat to cook in a crock pot because it has lots of fat that will keep it moist and juicy. Try this pulled pork recipe for yourself and see how easy it can be to pull off a delicious meal with barely any time in the kitchen!
Ingredients for Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork:
5 lb. boneless pork shoulder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 tablespoon Johnny’s seasoning
2 teaspoons Paprika
3 teaspoons Chili Powder
1/2 cup beef broth
1 18 oz. bottle Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ Sauce
Directions for Crock Pot BBQ Pulled Pork:
Pat dry pork shoulder with paper towels so no moisture remains.
In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, Johnny’s seasoning, paprika, and chili powder.
Rub seasoning all over the pork shoulder so all sides are evenly coated. This is where a lot of the flavor comes from so if you have a bigger chunk of meat, use more seasoning!
Place inside a slow cooker with 1/2 cup of beef broth. The additional liquid will help with cooking the pork more evenly without drying it out or burning it at the bottom so don’t skip this step.
Cook on high setting for 5-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
This is what it looks like after 6 hours on high. The meat has shrunk down a little and it is fork tender! Pour out the liquid from the crock pot, reserving about 1 cup for later. Shred pork with 2 forks and add in a little bit of the reserved cooking liquid at a time until pork is juicy and flavorful. I usually end up using about 3/4 cup but it will depend on what your taste preference is.
Once the pork is shredded, add in one bottle of the Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce and give it a good stir so it’s all covered evenly.
Serve on Hawaiian rolls with coleslaw on a hot summer day for an easy and delicious dinner on the porch with friends.
- 5 lb. boneless pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Johnny's seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 3 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce
- Pat dry pork shoulder with paper towels so no moisture remains.
- Mix together garlic powder, Johnny's seasoning, paprika, and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Rub seasoning all over the pork shoulder so all sides are evenly coated.
- Place inside a slow cooker with 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- After 6 hours, pour out cooking liquid reserving about 1 cup for later. Shred pork with 2 forks and add in a little bit of cooking liquid at a time until you've reached a juicy and flavorful pulled pork.
- Dump in a bottle of the Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce and give it a good stir to make sure it is coated evenly.
- Serve on Hawaiian rolls with coleslaw on a hot summer day and enjoy!