I’m a huge fan of anything quick and easy to throw together for dinner. With running 2 businesses, a blog, two kids, and a dog, I don’t always have a lot of time for dinner. As much as I love to cook, some days I need something that I can quickly put together and that the family will enjoy. This recipe for quick chicken wings is a winner because adults and kids alike LOVE these. When I first started cooking, I made chicken wings so many different ways. Buffalo wings, barbecue wings, fried wings, baked wings, sticky wings, wings that aren’t sticky… you name it– I tried it. But when I started eating Paleo, I couldn’t dip my wings in sauces anymore so I had to find an alternative. I was very surprised when these “healthy” quick chicken wings actually became my favorite way to eat wings. The skin comes out so crispy that it tastes like it could have been fried, and the seasoning gives it a little kick so they don’t taste bland. You can customize the spices to fit your family’s needs (less spice if your kids don’t like spicy) and if you prefer a saucy wing, you can always coat these in your sauce of choice after they are baked.
Ingredients for Quick Chicken Wings
12 chicken wings
2 tablespoons Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon Paprika
Start by cutting your chicken wing into 3 parts, and discarding the tips. You want to cut right at the joint. You can feel around with your fingers or just bend it back and you will feel the joint. This is much easier than cutting the actual chicken bone. You should end up with 24 chicken pieces.
Dry chicken wings with paper towel so no moisture remains.
Arrange chicken wings on parchment lined baking sheet with skin side up so they are not overlapping. Season with Johnny’s, followed by the garlic salt and paprika. One side is enough, no need to flip these over.
Bake at 425 for 30 minutes, or until skin is crispy. Feel free to coat these in sauce after they are baked if you like a saucier wing (you can try buffalo sauce, barbecue, blue cheese, ranch, etc.)
In addition to being a quick family dinner, these are also perfect for Superbowl Sunday that is right around the corner! No fuss and absolutely delicious! (If you are looking for more quick, make-ahead appetizers for the game, try these amazing Jalapeño Poppers which are a staple at my house every year!!
- 12 chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons Johnny's Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Paprika
- Start by cutting your chicken wing into 3 parts, and discarding the tip. You want to cut it right at the joint, you can feel around with your fingers or just bend it back and you will feel the joint. This is much easier than cutting the chicken bone. You should end up with 24 chicken pieces.
- Dry chicken wings with paper towel so no moisture remains.
- Arrange chicken wings on parchment lined baking sheet so they are not overlapping. Season with Johnny's, followed by the garlic salt and paprika.
- Bake at 425 for 30 minutes, or until skin is crispy.